Business Case Analysis
Seminars, Tools and Templates
The Business Case Solution™
Is recognised worldwide as setting the standard for business case analysis.
The business case framework developed by Solution Matrix Ltd is used in a wide range of decisions by business, government, local government and not for profit organisations.
Using the framework; analysts design in the critical elements of the process that leads to high quality decisions.
Provides the framework for identifying and evaluating options, managing stakeholders, identifying benefits and costs, evaluating non financial benefits, managing risk and identifying sensitivities.
You will learn how to build a business case that addresses the ten key essential factors. The framework can be adapted to a wide range of decisions.
Participants at Seminars are encouraged to work on their own business case examples to obtain “hands-on” experience in using The Business Case Solution™.
Pivotal to the process is the Business Case Guide which has become recognised as the standard source for those who want to design as build the business cases. The latest edition of the Business Case Guide is written with the depth and detail that finance and planning professionals require, and is also rich in practical help and examples for those with little or no background in those areas.
Everyone who builds a serious business case soon learns that setting-up the report and the financial model can be tedious, time consuming tasks. That work can be shortened from days or weeks to a few hours, however, with good template examples. The Word documents and Excel spreadsheets in the Business Case Templates package can be modified to fit your own case content easily and quickly, to produce professional quality report documents and analysis systems.
Need help with the financial models?
A clear, easy to follow introduction to cash flow metrics and financial statement ratios: What they mean and how to build them into your own spreadsheets. Ready-to-copy templates for more than 100 important financial metrics are provided.
For the dedicated business case analyst, Financial Modelling Pro is designed to serve as a practical guide to model building, textbook and tutorial. It comes, however, in a live spreadsheet rather than the printed page so that text and working examples can appear together. Users can "try out" principles and methods described in the text without leaving the page. Many of the working examples, moreover, can be used as templates, for copying and pasting into your own models.
or call +64 (9) 366 1944
Presented by Solution Matrix Ltd. in partnership with Solution Matrix Pacific Ltd. Join more than 10000 other professionals who have taken the same training in New Zealand, Australia, USA and Europe.
Who should attend?
- Those in government and in business responsible for project, program, or product proposals
- Managers with a need to bring accountability and consistency to decision making and planning in their organisations
- Consultants and contractors who do business with the national governments or local councils.
- Consultants who advise clients in decision making and planning
- Those who propose or plan major IT acquisitions or changes
- Government and business people responsible for capital spending decisions
- Sales people and sales managers who need to show customers that a decision to buy is a good business decision
What you will learn:
- The essential building blocks that every business case must have
- What to look for in case reports that makes the difference between a strong case and a weak case
- Important differences between the government business case and the case in private industry
- How to build credibility as you build your case
- How to legitimize and measure the full range of business benefits—even the so-called "intangibles"
- How to build a financial modelling system for asking "what if" questions, finding which assumptions that drive results, and measuring risk and uncertainty in your projections
- How to package and present business case results for maximum impact
Seminar hours will be 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM (with a one-hour lunch break)
Building the Business Case Seminars are led by Dr. Marty J. Schmidt, President and Founder of Solution Matrix Ltd supported by Jeff Jackson, Managing Director Solution Matrix Pacific Ltd.
Seminar fees include
For more information about the seminars
or in-house training please call:
Solution Matrix PacificLtd
Ph +64 9 366 2250