· Develop and implement web applications
· Based on the North Shore
Our client is a market leader in a leading-edge business which promises high growth and significant opportunities for expansion in the future. To meet the rapid growth in demand, this innovative company is in the process of expanding their permanent software development team.
This New Zealand owned company has an immediate requirement for a strong front-end developer with a solid web development background and practical knowledge of web technologies.
This role is an opportunity for an ambitious developer to play a lead role in the architecture, design and delivery of web application projects in a leading-edge technology environment.
You will be required to
- Review the current web applications with a view to making improvements to the architecture while adding innovative new features.
- Responsible for developing, testing and delivering software ready for production in a continuous integration and delivery environment.
While you will be focusing on front end development, you will be required to be aware of the technologies involved in the back-end systems software. This includes the functionality of the wider infrastructure including physical network and hardware; as well as the security aspects of the system. You will be required to collaborate with all team members, but you will not be required to develop back end systems
- Knowledge of Java Spring, JQuery frameworks.
- Able to participate in team discussions and offer independent, informed and constructive views supporting proposals and viewpoints
- Able to work self-directed without guidance and supervision
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Committed to keeping abreast of new technologies
- Solid track record handling web application development projects end to end
- Exposure in Linux environment
- Familiarity with relational databases, MySQL preferably
- Exposure to cloud services like AWS
This is your opportunity to improve the customer experience by developing and testing web applications that improve our clients’ products and service. You will be an integral member of the team working in a dynamic environment which requires frequent software releases.
To register your interest for this challenging role in a growing new field at the top of our minds, please apply without delay by sending your CV as a Word doc and a cover letter summarising your web project development experience to Rosemary Jackson (ref:RJ23999).