- Document Management / Technical Writing
- Knowledge of authoring tool; Author IT, Madcap Flare preferred
- Understanding of Object oriented development
Our client requires a technical writer to take responsibility for their documentation process and to manage the documentation for their products.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining programme documentation, manuals, training manuals and operational procedures including implementation and customization guides as well as user guide and administration guides on an online portal.
You will be experienced in creating high quality, structured, concise, accessible documents and able to evidence that you can create a long term documentation plan with a style guide that increases the availability and use of the documentation by users.
- 3-5 years experience with technical writing.
- Previous experience translating highly technical software functions /features into process driven user friendly materials to support implementation and training of applications.
- Experienced working with software developers.
Essential Technical Skills
- Understanding of Business Processes and aptitude for eliciting requirements
- Proven ability to understand technical information - you will be required to read specifications and to liaise with developers to establish how the software was developed and how it works.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge of a variety of software packages o include but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Commercial practice with and knowledge of at least one authoring tool - MadCapFlare, Author IT
- Broad industry exposure to any of the following applications is an advantage - Manufacturing, Financials, Stock management, CRM, Mobile devices and BI reporting.
- Understanding of ITSM and ITIL.
- Logical thinker with attention to detail
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills - You must be able to communicate with developers and to translate the technical terms into everyday language and to prepare information for users.
- High quality orientation
- Output oriented person with outstanding organization skills
Opportunity to work for an established New Zealand software company, working in international markets.
If you are confident that you can become our client’s SME for all of the knowledge resources and you are ready to commit to a challenging role, please your CV to Rosemary at De Winter International Ltd RJ 21095